Wednesday 24 December 2014

What to have for Christmas Dinner




You must been wondering why there is no picture of turkey. Well, my family is not a big fan of turkey. My family prefer eating dark meat instead of white meat. Everyone only wants the thigh and will leave the breast on the plate. For me, turkey breast is tasteless most of the time and eating the meat is an unpleasant experience.

For Christmas, a Christmas Ham is a MUST on the table. My favourite type of ham is the leg ham with bone-in. The ham is then glazed with honey glaze with is mainly consist of brown sugar and ironically lesser honey. To achieve the classic caramelized crispy coating, we often use the blowtorch. Playing with  blowtorch is so much faster, so much better and way more fun.


 
I have no beef tenderloin for Christmas but I do have steaks and ribs. I may have no smoker at home but it does not stop me from making my own ribs. Using some creativity, I smoked my ribs in oven with liquid smoke and heavy foils. Steaks are pan fried quickly with butter and garlic til medium rare to medium well. The Christmas gravy will be use for my steaks.

 
Wait, where are the side dishes? It's included in many more variety of ingredients for the BBQ! :)

 
The drinks will always be the same. The desserts without fail will always be delicious.

I think that the bonding with your family is the most important part of the celebration.
I know I'm quite old to receive a present but who care, I want my present for Christmas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment