Saturday 17 January 2015

Takoyaki

My Favourite Food <(^-^)>

Takoyaki




Takoyaki is a ball-shaped Japanese snack made of a wheat flour-based batter and cooked in a special takoyaki pan. It is typically filled with minced or diced octopus (tako), tempura scraps (tenkasu), pickled ginger, and green onion. Takoyaki are brushed with takoyaki sauce, similar to Worcestershire sauce, and mayonnaise. The takoyaki is then sprinkled with green laver (aonori) and shavings of dried bonito (katsuobushi). There are many variations to the takoyaki recipe, for example, I had a takoyaki with egg mayo as a topping instead of the typical takoyaki sauce.

I really miss the time when I always went to Bugis to eat the original Takoyaki.
It's about $4.20 for 6 pieces, I really loved the crispy skin and soft fluffy inside.


Nowadays, I'm just too lazy to go to Bugis. My school actually sell takoyaki but it's not up to my standard if you compared it to the original.



I always wanted to own one of this, but finding one is just to difficult. I actually managed to find one but it's just too expensive. $400 for the whole set but I only want the takoyaki pan. My friend actually recommended buying one online, but I disliked the thought of online shopping.

-Kaito

No comments:

Post a Comment